Knock Quick Replies allows leasing teams to set up and edit SMS and email templates that can easily be sent to residents and prospects. Agents can set up unique starter messages for texts and emails to address the need for more customized communication. These Quick Replies can be seen and used by all members of the leasing team. We have also added HTML features to quick replies so clients can create more modern email messages. Finally, we are adding CC functionality to email messages. For additional information on CC, review this separate article.
Knock quick replies are now available on the ios app.
This article will go over the following Agent tasks:
Quick Replies Email/SMS
1. To access the quick reply functionality for a specific prospect or resident, you will need to be in a prospect or resident card
This modal contains buttons to edit existing replies or create a new Quick Reply. Refer to sections on Managing Quick Replies and Creating a New Quick Reply for further details on these paths.
Each Quick Reply row shows an avatar indicating the creator, Title, and brief view of the body copy. Hovering over the Owner avatar will display full name of the creator.
If a new Quick Reply is selected after initial message template is in the email body, the newly selected message will be appended to the original message. The user will need to manually delete the unneeded copy.
Users can utilize tags to automatically pull guestcard information into the message without needing to manually update the message copy. See section on Creating and Using Merge Tags.
If the user does not finish sending their message and navigates out of the message or closes out of the guest card, the quick reply starter message will repopulate under SMS/Email the next time these message paths are accessed.
Mass Quick Replies
Quick replies can be used across multiple residents or prospects as well!
1. On the Prospect or Residents page, select one or more prospect or resident instances
2. Click the green Send Email button. An email message modal will open.
Managing Quick Replies
1. To edit a quick reply, the user can click on the edit pencil icon on the right side of the quick reply.
Creating a New Quick Reply
1. To create a new quick reply, the user will click New Quick Reply button at the bottom of the Quick Reply modal
2. When clicked, a create new Quick Reply modal will appear. The user can now add Title of the Quick Reply, Email and/or SMS copy.
Title, and an Email or SMS message are required when creating a quick reply.
SMS messages are limited to 320 characters
Deleting Quick Replies
1. To delete a quick reply, the user needs to click on the edit pencil icon on the right side of the quick reply.
2. Once this button is clicked, a modal will pop up. The bottom of the modal has a Delete button allowing the user to delete the reply.
3. Once the user clicks Delete, a pop-up will appear asking if they are sure they want to delete this Quick Reply.
4. The user can cancel the deletion request or proceed by using the Cancel or Delete buttons.
Creating and Using Merge Tags
The new Quick Replies experience allows users to use HTML functions, namely merge tags that will pull information from the prospect or resident card into the email message. Tags can currently only be used with email templates.
1. To utilize a tag, first create a new Quick Reply or edit an existing Quick Reply.
2. Once you are editing the body of the email, begin a tag with #.
3. A scroll menu will appear with all tags that can be inserted into the text copy.
4. Once you have finished inserting tags, Save the Quick Reply.
5. Your new quick reply is now able to be used and sent!
Q: Why is my Quick Replies modal empty?
A: When a leasing team has no Quick Replies set up, the Quick Replies pop-up screen will instead show a Quick Reply icon, verbiage detailing what Quick Replies are, and a button to create a Quick Reply, which will open the Create modal allowing a user to add a Quick Reply.
A: In order to create an easy transition from Knock’s existing Quick Replies to this new model, we are pulling existing templates for customers over to the new experience. Customers who previously had templates under 320 characters will see their content in both Email and SMS fields. For those templates over 320 characters, it will only be in Email fields.
Article is closed for comments.